Tuesday 15 November 2016

Quick and Easy Tangled Christmas Tree cards created for Chocolate Baroque



Good morning. I hope that you like my quick and easy Christmas cards using the new Christmas Tree Tangle stamp. I split my stamp into 2 to give more versatility, and so that I could use them individually or change the arrangement of the sets of trees. I stamped them onto black card and heat embossed with glitter powder for sparkle. I used a water soluble semitransparent white pastel to add a bit of colour and an opaque white spritzer to create a snowy night scene. I also added a bit of clear mica spritz for added sheen. I finished with a metallic silver marker pen and peel off sentiment. Really quick and easy and great for batch making. Vary by using different colours of embossing powder and background card. I think that Kraft card and pale blue would look good – will have to try that.

Materials:
  • Christmas Tree Tangle single stamp
  • A6 white card blank and A6 black card
  • Versamark Inkpad
  • Glitter heat embossing powders (I used blue & silver)
  • Metallic silver fine tipped marker pen
  • Christmas sentiment peel off stickers (silver)
  • Glitter gel pens (optional)
  • Spritzer sprays (opaque white, clear mica)
  • Alcohol marker (black)
  • Watercolour brush
  • Heat gun
How to make it:
  1. Stamp with Versamark and heat emboss the image with glitter powder.
  2. Dissolve some of the pastel pigment into water and paint over the scene with a brush. Add a little colour onto the trees with glitter pens if desired.
  3. Spritz with opaque white spray to create the snow effect. Add some mica spray for extra shimmer.
  4. Add peel off and trim the topper slightly to leave a border on the card front.
  5. Quickly draw a border to frame using the metallic pen.
  6. Glue to card front and add a border around the card blank with black pen.

No comments: