Here is another project that I created for the Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge 32 this month.
I came up with this after playing with my Inkadinkadoo stamping gear (circular wheel) and the Sticks & Stones stamp set to create wreath. Similar can be achieved by drawing a circle and dividing it into 8 sections. Keeping the stamp orientation steady, stamp and turn the card between each stamping or just work more freely around a circle.
I hope that you like it, and I look forward to seeing your entries x.
- Sticks & Stones, Silhouette Grasses, Just Butterflies, Butterfly Blush, Words to Dazzle & Sparkle stamp sets
- Card: A5 white card blank, white stamping card, pale blue scrap card
- Inkadinkado stamping gear (circular wheel)
- Inkpads: Versamark, Distress (Forest Moss, Mowed Lawn, Tumbled Glass), metallic pigment (copper)
- WOW embossing powder (Copper)
- Ink spritzers: green and pale blue with mica
- Water based sparkle pens (Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens)
- Gilding wax (copper), glitter glue (copper) and PVA pearls (copper and pale blue)
- Dies: Decorative edger (Create & Craft Couture – Wild Meadow Collection), decorative circles (Tonic – Celtic Dream) and small circle die
- Corner rounder punch
- Organza ribbon (blue)
How it was made:
- The top corners of the card blank were rounded off using a punch. The bottom strip was cut from blue card. The sentiment was stamped with Versamark ink and embossed with copper powder. The strip was then edged with gilding wax before gluing to the card base.
- An A5 sheet of stamping card was spritzed with blue & green inks and stamped with Silhouette Grasses. The top edge was cut using the decorative trim die. The top and edges were rubbed over with gilding wax. A circular mat was cut from blue card and placed behind the decorative central motif. The background was then glued to the card front.
- Another piece of stamping card was lightly spritzed with blue ink. The wreath was then stamped with Distress Ink using the stamping gear. The wreath was cut out with the circle die and gilding wax rubbed over the decorative edge. This was mounted to the card front with 3D foam pads.
- The butterfly was stamped (Just Butterflies set), embossed with copper powder and coloured with sparkle pens. I cut then cut out and shaped for added dimension. The ribbon and butterfly were then glued to the card front.
- I finished with copper PVA pearls and glitter glue on the wreath, blue PVA pearls along the base strip.