Saturday 11 February 2017

Spring Iris Card created for Chocolate Baroque





Good morning. Today I am sharing another of my TV show samples using the Kingfisher Song stamp set from Chocolate Baroque. The new stamps are now available directly from Chocolate Baroque. I hope that you like this Spring themed card.
I so enjoyed the shows and Demos with Lesley Wharton on Hochanda. More shows coming very soon! I am beavering away to finish the next set of samples. I feel hugely privileged to be on the Design Team for Chocolate Baroque. It can be hard work but I get to play with some wonderful stamp sets – yay!
 
Materials:
 
How to make the Stepper Card blank:
Cut the A5 card blank through both front and back panels starting approx. 8cm in from the left side and stopping 3cm up from the bottom. Score the front and back sections equally, 3 and 6cm in from the edge. ‘Mountain fold’ at the 3cm score line to create the side stepper.
 
How to make the card:
  1. Lightly spritz the card blank with blue and gold mica sprays. Tip: if the card curls a bit I tend to pop mine under a stack of die cutting mats while I work on the rest of the card.
  2. Cut the blue background panels and glue to the card. Cut the leafy sprig from green card. See below for how to create the die cut Iris.
  3. Cut the main panels from stamping card and lightly spritiz with blue mica spray. When dry add faux stitching with the fine tipped pen.
  4. Stamp the sentiment and image with Versamark. Colour the Iris image with watercolour pens.
  5. Glue the sentiment and image panels to the card using 3D foam for added depth. Glue on the leafy sprig and 3D Iris to finish.
How I created the 3D Iris Flower:


I created this using the Spellbinders ‘Create an Iris’ die. I cut it from approx. 180gsm card and coloured it with Spectrum Noir alcohol pens. I shaped it using ball tools and an embossing mat/foam mat. Colours used: DG3 for leaves, CT2 and 3 for larger petal centres, LV2 and 3 for outer petal edges, LV1 and 2 for inner small petals, and the blender to add highlights.

No comments: